During Lent, it has become a tradition that I give up meat for the whole 40 or more days. With nothing else to eat except for fish and vegetables, I find myself becoming more resourceful (and craving for delicious food). So that meals won’t be too repetitive and boring, I keep on visiting different food blogs and just racking my brains for food that I can eat. One night I was craving for kimchi and chanced upon No Recipes’ Kimchi Pasta and I knew I had to try making it.
Since I couldn’t eat meat and had some leftover tuna flakes, why not use that to substitute my protein needs? To make it even healthier, I used wheat pasta – something I was using for the first time. I knew I should have let it boil longer! I was afraid of overcooking it so I think I pulled it out too soon… and it ended up having too much of a bite. :(
Still, I think this recipe is a keeper. Love the flavor of the kimchi! <3 Plus it’s healthy. I can’t wait to cook this again in the future.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
3 cloves of garlic, minced (cos I loooove garlic)
1 tbsp gochujang (or more ^^)
Leftover tuna flakes (cooked with onion)
1. Boil pasta according to packaging directions. I think I just grabbed a handful from tha bag.
2. Add oil to the pan, add garlic and kimchi and saute until fragrant.
3. Add gochujang and stir until combined.
4. Add in the leftover tuna flakes.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir. You may also add pasta water if it’s too dry.
6. Put on a plate and enjoy~